Sunday, June 29, 2008

Be Grateful...

I was reading through some of my classmates’ blogs the other day, and one of the titles read “Government not so bad.” This caught my attention, because I feel that many people would disagree with this statement considering the state that we are currently in. Within this blog, my classmate made some very good points. The fact that this year is an election year has placed even more criticism on the government, along with rising gas prices. President Bush’s administration has taken a chunk of the criticism, but is he the one to blame? My classmate points out that the nation is in a time of war, we are victims of raising gas prices, and the economy is headed south, but we have more things working in our favor than we realize. The blog also highlights the fact that compared to other nations in this world, we enjoy many liberties and freedoms that others would be fortunate to have. I think at times we take for granted our government and the things they do for us, we concentrate more on the negatives. I feel that my classmate did a very good job of bringing awareness to the public that we need to think before we criticize. We are lucky to have what we have, and it is important to remind us. I think this was a good blog to write, especially in this time of need. We turn to the government when we are weak, and they should be someone we can rely on. The government can be good, and we should be grateful.

No comments: